- I read eight books in June, which is a lot for me (two < 200 pagers definitely helped!), but the quality wasn’t quite as fantastic as in May. However, it’s still a lot better than it was earlier this year and I think that has a lot to do with reducing my ARC reading…specifically, letting others vet some books before I read them.
- I added two new books (Grunt and Before the Fall) to my 2016 Summer Reading Guide and will be adding two more (Never Leave Your Dead and Sons and Daughters of Ease and Plenty) as soon as I post my reviews.
- I was sadly disappointed with Listen to Me, especially since I loved Pittard’s Reunion so much two years ago. And, I just didn’t get Grief is the Thing with Feathers.
- I continued my trend of light nonfiction working well for me on audio with Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari.
- I completed my second sprint triathlon race (recap) in Stamford, CT and am currently deciding whether to sign up for another one in August.
- And, on the topic of sports…I spent a good chunk of last week watching the U.S. Olympic Swimming Trials and dissecting them over text with Catherine from Gilmore Guide to Books. You can check out some of the highlights of our oh-so-professional analysis here!
Best Book of the Month
July Releases I’m Excited About
Top Backlist Books on my “To Be Read” List
Most Popular July Posts
Favorite Posts by Fellow Bloggers
- Trish at Love, Laughter, And A Touch of Insanity talked about a habit that I’m completely guilty of too…delayed pleasure reading.
- Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness shared her thoughts on the ending of Before the Fall (alert: this post contains spoilers!).
- Finally, June is “Best Books of the Year So Far” month! Here are some of my favorite lists: Gun in Act One, Kathy Reads Fiction, and River City Reading.