This post contains affiliate links and I will make a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
May Reading / Life
- After reading 14 books in April, I’m back to a more normal-for-me reading level with 9 books in May. Not one of them was a real dud and I truly couldn’t decide between the 3 (yes, I realize this is totally ridiculous!) books that are my favorites of the month!
- Three of those were massive winners with two 5 star sports novels (Trophy Son and Beartown) and a 4.5 star gorgeously written, gritty love story (White Fur).
- Do Not Become Alarmed and Rabbit Cake made perfect additions to my 2017 Summer Reading Guide!
- The Fact of a Body by Alexandria Marzano – Lesnevich (my review) and One of the Boys by Daniel Magariel were both solid 4 star reads.
- My audiobooks were decent: Shattered by Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes and Spark by John Ratey.
- My free trial of my personalized book recommendation service will be ending on Father’s Day, so it’s time to get in any last minute requests. And, I’ve got you covered for Father’s Day gift recommendations!
- Today is the last day to choose your June Book of the Month Club selection(s). Check out all the details and my commentary on which selection I’d choose here!
- I graduated to 1x/week of physical therapy for my lower back (down from 2x/week), so I’m now able to fit Barre class back in! I went to my first one today since the injury and, man, am I out of Barre shape. Bring on the soreness…
My Favorite Book(s) of the Month
Best Books of the Month
Best Selling Book(s) of the Month (via my affiliate links)
Dead Letters by Caite Dolan-Leach (My Review)
Based on a True Story by Delphine de Vigan (Spoiler Discussion)
The Woman Next Door by Yewande Omotoso (My Review)
The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel (My Review)
If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio (My Review)
White Fur by Jardine Libaire
June Releases I’m Excited About
Most Popular Posts
Favorite Posts by Fellow Bloggers
- Ann at Books on the Table shared a unique tribute to Mother’s Day with her mother’s book club’s all-time favorite books, most of which are children’s books.
- I’m toying with actually trying to work a little harder on the Sarah’s Book Shelves Instagram account…so I appreciated Paper Fury‘s list of 12 #Bookstagram Secret Hacks…my favorite was a tip for bookstagrammers who read predominantly on Kindles (me!).
- It’s Summer Reading List time! Here are a couple I love: Novel Visits, Elle Magazine, Buzzfeed, and the New York Post.
How was your reading month?
Looking for a specific book recommendation? I’ve got you covered!
Participate in a limited time, free trial of my
new PERSONALIZED BOOK RECOMMENDATION service!