In Episode 4, Tina from the blog TBR, etc. and I talk book recommendations, break down #bookstagram (including when her engagement photo went viral!), and compare our reading tastes.
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- When Tina’s engagement photo (featuring books) went viral on #bookstagram.
- When Tina inadvertently ending up listening to the same audiobook as her husband.
- Sarah’s husband’s favorite reading material.
- Behind the scenes of #bookstagram…including what we like and what we don’t (i.e. the Instagram post Tina thought was going to do great, but didn’t).
- How to see every post from the people you actually want to on Instagram.
- We compare our reading taste by debating 2 thrillers we felt differently about.
- How we both feel about WWII fiction.
- When publisher marketing sets inaccurate expectations for a book.
Tina’s Book Recommendations
Two OLD Books She Loves
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [14:04]
- The Humans by Matt Haig | Buy from Amazon [16:20]
Two NEW Books She Loves
- Sunburnby Laura Lippman (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [18:43]
- The Hunger by Alma Katsu | Buy from Amazon [21:46]
One Book She Didn’t Love
One Upcoming Release She’s Excited About
Other Books Mentioned
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [2:03]
- The Wife Between Us by Sarah Pekkanen and Greer Hendricks | Buy from Amazon [2:10]
- Kindred by Octavia E. Butler | Buy from Amazon [4:09]
- A Well-Behaved Woman (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [7:04]
- Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [7:05]
- November Road by Lou Berney (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [9:12]
- Since We Fell by Dennis Lehane (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [9:12]
- From the Corner of the Oval by Beck Dorey-Stein (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [12:19]
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [14:24]
- How to Stop Time by Matt Haig | Buy from Amazon [18:27]
- Sunburn by Laura Lippman (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [18:43]
- Columbine by Dave Cullen | Buy from Amazon [27:06]
- A Mother’s Reckoning by Sue Klebold (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [28:34]
- Tara from Running N Reading
- Tina’s Newport, Rhode Island Instagram picture
- Sarah’s 2018 Summer Reading Guide
- Lisa Jewell (mystery / thriller author recommended by Tina)…and on Instagram
Tina is happiest when reading and reviewing books – especially thrillers and new releases. She’s a blogger at tbretc.com and Bookstagrammer @tbretc. That’s TBR (as in to be read) Etc.
Next Week’s Episode
Renee from It’s Book Talk (airing January 30)
Support the Podcast
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Book Shelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
I want this podcast to fit what you’re looking for, so I truly do want your feedback! Please tell me (email me at email@example.com or DM me on social media) what you like, don’t like, want more of, want less of, etc. I’d also love to hear topics you’d like me to cover and guests you’d like to hear from.