Sarah’s Bookshelves helps readers live their best reading life! I’ll help you figure out which books work best for you, where to find the best book recommendations to match your reading taste, and how to keep track of it all.
I believe in sharing honest opinions about the books I read, shouting from the rooftops about the books I love, and openly sharing the books I don’t like or don’t finish.
I write about all this here and talk about it on my podcast, Sarah’s Bookshelves Live!
A bit about me…
I live in Virginia with my husband and two young children. Prior to starting Sarah’s Bookshelves, I worked in leadership development and financial services. I grew up in Richmond, VA (where my favorite book was The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett), graduated from University of Virginia, and from business school at University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill. In addition to reading, I love to cook, play and watch sports (I’m obsessed with the summer Olympics!), and spend time outdoors.
I like books that…
Teach me something or make me think.
But, don’t sacrifice entertainment to teach.
Some of my favorite authors are…
- Book of the Month Judge (October 2019)
- Guest on Currently Reading Podcast discussing “Reading Ahead of the Crowd”
- Featured on Fiction Matters‘ “How to Make a Reader” series.
- Included on The Stripe‘s The Best Bookstagram Accounts blog post.
- Guest on The Lisa Valentine Clark radio show for BYU Radio discussing Books to Read in 2019.
- Two-time guest on The Readerly Report Podcast discussing Celebrity Book Clubs and 2018 Book Superlatives / Waiting for Eden Book Club discussion.
- Guest on WHAT TO READ NEXT podcast hosted by Laura Yamin discussing my all-time favorite books, my auto-buy authors, a book I didn’t like, and more!