This post contains affiliate links.
September Reading / Life
- I debated on whether to even write a September Round-Up, as I don’t really have anything good to say. I read 5 books, my lowest total of the year by a mile, and my highest rated book was 3.5 stars. However, I have hope because things started to look up slightly towards the end of the month.
- The only two books I’d recommend (but not wholeheartedly): Sourdough (my review) and The Best Kind of People.
- Overly long books that didn’t work for me: The Twelve-Mile Straight (my review) and The Cuban Affair.
- My one audiobook, which was so-so: The Sociopath Next Door
- DNF’s: Manhattan Beach, Lie to Me, The Burning Girl
- Finally, I’m thrilled to co-host Nonfiction November again this year! Check out all the details here.
- Tomorrow is the deadline to get your October Book of the Month Club selections in! Check out my commentary on the October selections AND my new tool to help you find the Book of the Month Club judge that best matches your reading taste (includes a free template)!
My Favorite Book(s) of the Month
Best Book of the Month
Best Selling Book(s) of the Month (via my affiliate links)
October Releases I’m Excited About
*I’ve already read it and really liked it!
Most Popular Posts
Posts Actually Published in September
10 Hyped Books I Wish I Hadn’t Finished
Book of the Month Club September 2017 Selections: What Would I Choose?
Was 2017 the Summer of Overhyped Books?
Favorite Posts by Fellow Bloggers
- I loved all the behind-the-scenes color in this interview with Fredrick Backman about his hit novel, Beartown (my review).
- Rikki and Michaela at The Ardent Biblio put together a pretty awesome campus novels list (one of my favorite things!) as part of their Back to School Reading & Shopping Guide.
- I’ve read a couple of the books on Off the Shelf‘s list of 11 Novels about 9/11 and I added a couple more to my TBR list.
- I always appreciate Ann at Books on the Table‘s candid takes on the book world and her latest post on Awards Season is a must read!
- More Fall Books Previews: Bustle (September nonfiction), Huffington Post, Bookish, and Pop Sugar.
How was your reading month? Hopefully better than mine!