This post contains affiliate links and I will make a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
June Reading / Life
- After an amazing month of reading in May (with 3 favorite books of the month), June was definitely slumpy for me in quality and quantity. I read 10 books, but a few of them were only around 200 pages long, so I feel like I sort of cheated.
- I also had 4 DNF’s…which always makes a slump seem slumpier.
- Both my favorite books of the month involved astute commentary about marriage…one fiction (Standard Deviation) and one non (Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake). And, a third book about marriage (Small Hours) didn’t measure up.
- Anna Quindlen brought me twice the love this month with One True Thing.
- I read two thrillers this month (shocking for me!)…one winner (Since We Fell) and one loser (Final Girls).
- A couple slim July releases (What We Lose and Goodbye, Vitamin) definitely helped my June book count! Too bad only one was a winner.
- And, The Skies Belong to Us (somewhat interesting at times, but I kept zoning out) and My Year of Running Dangerously (sweet and engaging story about a father and daughter training for a marathon together) rounded out my audiobooks.
- My free trial of my personalized book recommendation service ended on Father’s Day and fulfilled 75 recommendation requests! I couldn’t have been happier with how many people participated and am getting the feedback survey results in now. Once I analyze the survey results and think through next steps, I’ll share everything I learned in a blog post. Many thanks to everyone who participated!
- Look for my commentary on the July Book of the Month Club selections on Saturday. Sneak peek: I’ve already read two of the selections and, unlike last month, am really excited about this month’s picks!
Best Books of the Month
My Favorite Book(s) of the Month
Best Selling Book(s) of the Month (via my affiliate links)
July Releases I’m Excited About
Most Popular Posts
Posts Actually Published in June
Best Books of 2017 So Far
3 More Books That Are Perfect for Summer Reading: Beartown, Since We Fell, Standard Deviation
Book of the Month Club June 2017 Selections: What Would I Choose?
Favorite Posts by Fellow Bloggers
- I loved Ann Patchett’s (via her blog Musing) article about her friendship with Maile Meloy and her new book, Do Not Become Alarmed (which is on my 2017 Summer Reading Guide).
- This article from McSweeney’s perfectly sums up my May/June.
- Another Summer Reading List from Susie at Novel Visits: New Books in the Summer of 2017
And, next month I need to be better about keeping track of posts I love…big fail for me this month!
How was your reading month?