March…I’m done with you! I’m so done with surprise snow storms and kids being home from school. I was writing a book review the other week while my kids were literally hanging their heads over both my shoulders asking me repeatedly when I was going to be done.
But, March did bring some great reading…quantity and quality! I almost made it through without a single DNF, but tacked on two at the very last minute.
I read 9 books this month, two of which were audio. My audiobook listening fell off in February, so I’m glad to get my normal 2 audiobooks per month in this time around! Bonus, I had a very clear favorite book of the month (my second 5 star book of the year)!
- FAVORITE BOOK OF THE MONTH: The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer (review coming)
- Brass by Xhenet Aliu
- Glitter and Glueby Kelly Corrigan (audiobook, backlist)
- Laura & Emma by Kate Greathead (my review)
- Look Alive Out There: Essays by Sloane Crosley
- Tangerine by Christine Mangan (my review)
- Text Me When You Get Home by Kayleen Schaefer (audiobook)
Best-Selling Book (via my affiliate links)
- Check out My Most Anticipated Books of Spring 2018!
- Personalized Book Recommendations and the Superstars Facebook Group are coming soon!
Later in April, you’ll be able to get personalized book recommendations (I did a free trial for this last Spring) and access to our Superstars Facebook Group by supporting the blog on Patreon. More info to come…
March Quality and Recommendation Sources
- % Successful Books Attempted (includes DNF’s) = 64% (still above my 43% success rate from 2017)
- % Successful Books Finished (does not include DNFs) = 78%
2018 Year-to-Date (through March)
- % Successful Books Attempted (includes DNF’s) = 54% (still above my 43% success rate from 2017)
- % Successful Books Finished (does not include DNFs) = 81%
Successful Recommendation Sources
- Trusted Authors (Glitter and Glue, The Female Persuasion, Look Alive Out There: Essays)
- Annie Jones from From the Front Porch podcast (Tangerine, The Female Persuasion)
- Susie at Novel Visits (Laura & Emma, Brass)
- Read It Forward’s Favorite Books of the Month (Laura & Emma, Brass)
- Tara at Running N Reading (Brass, Text Me When You Get Home)
- Tyler Goodson, Manager at Avid Bookshop in Athens, GA (Laura & Emma)
- Unsolicited from Publisher (Laura & Emma)
- March 2018 Library Reads (Tangerine)
- Book Riot (Tangerine)
- Rebecca Schinsky from All the Books podcast (The Female Persuasion)
- Liberty Hardy from All the Books podcast (Look Alive Out There: Essays)
- Lauren at Malcolm Avenue Review (Brass)
If you’re interested in tracking these types of stats, my “Rock Your Reading” Tracker does all the heavy lifting for you! Enter your book details and it automatically compiles everything into Summary Charts in real time! Go here for more details.
April Releases I’m Excited About
Most Popular Posts
Posts Actually Published in March
March 2018 Books to Read (and Skip)
My Most Anticipated Books of Spring 2018
Book of the Month March 2018 Selections: What Book Should You Choose?
Favorite Posts by Fellow Bloggers
I’m making up for last month‘s light list with a super hefty one today!
- Y’all know how much I loved Friday Night Lights…so, Imaginary Book Stack‘s list of book recommendations for Tami Taylor totally delighted me. The best part? I put together a list for Tami Taylor awhile back and we came up with two totally different lists.
- If, like me, you’re about to head off for Spring Break, make sure to check out Tara at Running N Reading‘s list of Best Books to Read on Spring Break 2018 for some awesome recommendations!
- I’ve been frustrated for awhile now with all the “for fans of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train” marketing blurbs that never live up to the originals, so I loved Renee at It’s Book Talk‘s discussion about whether “twisty” publishing buzzwords are still hot.
- Susie at Novel Visits (one of my Go-To Recommendation Sources) shared her 2018 Spring Preview, so get your TBR lists ready!
- Jenny at Reading the End brilliantly analyzes our obsession with The Bachelor franchise (one of my favorite shows) through the book, Bachelor Nation.
- A Cup of Jo talked about the power of going on a walk…to which I say, “Amen!”
- I’ve been getting more and more requests for audiobook recommendations and Anne at Modern Mrs. Darcy shares 10 in her list of Audiobooks So Good You’ll Want to Fold Another Load of Laundry, etc.
How was your reading month?