Welcome to the Summer 2023 Book Preview with Catherine of Gilmore Guide to Books!
In this episode, Catherine and I share 12 of our most anticipated books releasing in June through mid-August.
This post contains affiliate links through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- In addition to my annual 2023 Summer Reading Guide, I’m once again offering Superstars Patrons ($7/mo) exclusive access to Summer Shelves, featuring even more recommendations for the season.
- Summer Shelves features BACKLIST summer reading recommendations from 17 former podcast guests, our team members, and — for the first time — 20+ Superstars patrons!
- The Summer Shelves design is clean, crisp, and unique and you’ll receive it in a PDF file format via Patreon.
- If you’d like to get the Summer Shelves companion guide, you can sign up to be a Superstars patron here. You’ll also get access to a monthly bonus podcast series called Double Booked (where Catherine or Susie and I share our own book recommendations in the same format as the big show) and my Rock Your Reading Tracker.
- Also, one of the many benefits to joining our Patreon Community is that you get access to several bonus podcast episode series, including Book Preview Extras! In these episodes, Catherine and I share at least 4 bonus books we are excited about that we did not share in the big show preview episode. Get more details about all the goodies available to all patrons (Stars and Superstars) and sign up here!
- Catherine’s picks include 4 repeat authors!
- Sarah picked some debuts and several repeat authors.
- With no July picks, August might be the new September and July might be the new December.
- Sarah continues with a variety of genres and micro genres, but on the lighter side this season.
- Two books Sarah has already read, loved, and included in her 2023 Summer Reading Guide, including a 5-star book!
- Plus, their #1 picks for summer!
Summer 2023 Book Preview [5:13]
- Same Time Next Summer by Annabel Monaghan (June 6) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [5:49]
- My Murder by Katie Williams (June 6) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [14:58]
- The Rachel Incident by Caroline O’Donoghue (June 27) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [20:09]
- Invisible Son by Kim Johnson (June 27) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [27:39]
- Lady Tan’s Circle of Women by Lisa See (June 6) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [11:41]
- All the Sinners Bleed by S. A. Cosby (June 6) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [17:42]
- You Can’t Stay Here Forever by Katherine Lin (June 13) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [24:46]
Other Books Mentioned:
- Nora Goes Off Script by Annabel Monaghan [6:19]
- The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowley Heller [9:10]
- Razorblade Tears by S. A. Cosby [19:54]
- Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler [24:06]
- Pineapple Street by Jenny Jackson [24:28]
- One Italian Summer by Rebecca Serle [26:40]
- This Is My America by Kim Johnson [27:49]
- Corrections in Ink by Keri Blakinger [28:59]
- The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas [29:33]
- The Art of Scandal by Regina Black (August 1) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [33:35]
- Tom Lake by Ann Patchett (August 1) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [41:27]
- The Many Lives of Mama Love by Lara Love Hardin (August 1) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [29:52]
- Mobility by Lydia Kiesling (August 1) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [38:40]
- Western Alliances by Wilton Barnhardt (August 1) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [43:54]
Other Books Mentioned:
- Smacked by Eilene Zimmerman [33:06]
- Nowhere Girl by Cheryl Diamond [33:09]
- Seven Days in June by Tia Williams [35:24]
- The Golden State by Lydia Kiesling [38:45]
- Red Notice by Bill Browder [40:48]
- Commonwealth by Ann Patchett [42:15]
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett [42:18]
- These Precious Days by Ann Patchett [43:42]
- Lookaway, Lookaway by Wilton Barnhardt [45:25]
- All That Is Mine I Carry With Me by William Landay [46:56]
- The Marriage Act by John Marrs [47:49]
About Catherine Gilmore
Catherine started The Gilmore Guide to Books over 10 years ago after wrapping up a career as a corporate librarian. She loves books and reading (surprise!) and currently lives in Seattle, WA.
In two weeks (June 14), Abigail K. Perry, Book Coach and host of the podcast, Lit Match, is taking us behind the scenes of book coaching. Plus, Abigail will share her book recommendations!
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
- Follow / Subscribe
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
What books are you most excited to read this summer?
Pin this post…