Welcome to the Winter 2022 Book Preview with Catherine of Gilmore Guide to Books!
Catherine and I share our most anticipated books coming out January – March 2022 (and one early April release).
Also, stay tuned for my Most Anticipated Books of Winter 2022 blog post, coming out soon. On there, I’ll share some of the books I talked about in this episode, but also some I didn’t.
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- Join our Patreon Community ($5/mo) to get our bonus podcast episode series called Book Preview Extras! In these episodes, Catherine and I share at least 4 bonus books we are excited about that we did not share in the regular preview episode. Get more details about all the goodies available to all patrons (Stars and Superstars) and sign up here!
- Sarah’s first 5-star book since July 2021!
- Catherine and Sarah each pick their #1 winter release.
- Sarah brings back a sun sub-genre coined from her early blog days.
Winter 2022 Book Preview [4:01]
- Beautiful Little Fools by Jillian Cantor (February 1*) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [4:12]
- Fiona and Jane by Jean Chen Ho (January 4) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [13:41]
- I Came All This Way to Meet You by Jami Attenberg (January 11) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [19:26]
- Honor by Thrity Umrigar (January 4) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [8:35]
- No Land to Light On by Yara Zgheib (January 4) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [16:36]
- To Paradise by Hanya Yanagihara (January 11) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [24:18]
- The Department of Rare Books and Special Collections by Eva Jurczyk (January 25) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [31:47]
- Notes on an Execution by Danya Kukafka (January 25) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [37:13]
- What the Fireflies Knew by Kai Harris (February 1) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [28:13]
- Our American Friend by Anna Pitoniak (February 15) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [33:52]
- Fake by Erica Katz (February 22) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [38:53]
- One Italian Summer by Rebecca Serle (March 1) | Buy from Amazon [46:46]
- Dilettante by Dana Brown (March 22) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [51:50]
Other Books Mentioned
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald [4:39]
- The Chosen and the Beautiful by Nghi Vo [6:25]
- The Charm Offensive by Alison Cochrun [11:54]
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen [14:33]
- The Ensemble by Aja Gabel [14:37]
- The Girls from Corona del Mar by Rufi Thorpe [15:54]
- All This Could Be Yours by Jami Attenberg [20:06]
- Saint Mazie by Jami Attenberg [20:13]
- All Grown Up by Jami Attenberg [20:16]
- The Middlesteins by Jami Attenberg [20:18]
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott [23:50]
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami [23:55]
- On Writing by Stephen King [23:58]
- Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr [25:12]
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell [25:16]
- Washington Square by Henry James [26:50]
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara [27:30]
- The Secret Lives of Church Ladies by Deesha Philyaw [29:20]
- The Office of Historical Corrections by Danielle Evans [29:26]
- The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Daré [29:34]
- The Star Side of Bird Hill by Naomi Jackson [30:53]
- Necessary People by Anna Pitoniak [34:17]
- The Futures by Anna Pitoniak [34:24]
- The Secrets We Kept by Lara Prescott [35:55]
- American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld [35:59]
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid [36:09]
- Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka [37:57]
- The Boys’ Club by Erica Katz [39:13]
- The Art Forger by B. A. Shapiro [41:10]
- The Map of Lost Memories by Kim Fay [41:30]
- Beautiful World, Where Are You by Sally Rooney [42:47]
- Your House Will Pay by Steph Cha [45:05]
- Razorblade Tears by S. A. Cosby [45:14]
- The Bright Lands by John Fram [45:58]
- In Five Years by Rebecca Serle [47:01]
- Saving Ruby King by Catherine Adel West [51:37]
*Book’s release date changed since the time of recording.
About Catherine Gilmore
Catherine started The Gilmore Guide to Books over 6 years ago after wrapping up a career as a corporate librarian. She loves books and reading (surprise!) and currently lives in Ann Arbor, MI.
In two weeks, Catherine and I will be back for The Best Backlist Books We Read in 2021 (airing January 26).
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
What Winter 2022 books are you most excited to read?
Pin this post…