In Episode 120, Catherine of Gilmore Guide to Books and I circle back to the books we shared in the Summer 2022 Book Preview — now that we’ve actually had a chance to read them. Returning to our 12 summer releases, we take a look at what worked and what didn’t. Also, with both of our personal lives demanding more of our attention lately, our reading lives have definitely been impacted.
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- Sarah had a 5 star book!
- Catherine and Sarah share their Summer 2022 reading stats and success rates.
- The best and worst picks from the Summer 2022 Book Preview.
Books We Read Before the Preview [6:38]
- The Displacements by Bruce Holsinger (July 5) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [7:20]
- Dirt Creek by Hayley Scrivenor (August 2) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [9:27]
Summer 2022 Circle Back [6:38]
- These Impossible Things by Salma El-Wardany (June 7) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [14:59]
- The Measure by Nikki Erlick (June 28) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [22:19]
- Nightcrawling by Leila Mottley (June 7) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [11:10]
- Tracy Flick Can’t Win by Tom Perrotta (June 7) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [17:40]
- Girls They Write Songs About by Carlene Bauer (June 21) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [29:03]
- Crying in the Bathroom by Erika L. Sánchez (July 12) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [32:49]
- The Work Wife by Alison B. Hart (July 19) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [40:30]
- Fellowship Point by Alice Elliott Dark (July 5) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [36:45]
- Sirens & Muses by Antonia Angress (July 12) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [42:48]
Other Books Mentioned
- Last Summer on State Street by Toya Wolfe [4:33]
- Corrections in Ink by Keri Blakinger [4:35]
- The Midcoast by Adam White [4:40]
- How to Fake It in Hollywood by Ava Wilder [4:42]
- The Gifted School by Bruce Holsinger [8:57]
- Election by Tom Perrotta [17:48]
- The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta [22:02]
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus [23:38]
- Unlikely Animals by Annie Hartnett [23:42]
- The One by John Marrs [24:08]
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin [26:45]
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez [33:15]
- Finding Me by Viola Davis [36:05]
- The Ensemble by Aja Gabel [45:25]
- Now Is Not the Time To Panic by Kevin Wilson (November 8, 2022) [46:15]
About Catherine Gilmore
Catherine started The Gilmore Guide to Books over 10 years ago after wrapping up a career as a corporate librarian. She loves books and reading (surprise!) and currently lives in Seattle, WA.
Next week on August 24, Catherine is back with me for the Fall 2022 Book Preview!
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
- Follow / Subscribe
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
How was your summer reading?
Pin this post…