In the Fall 2022 Book Preview, Catherine (Gilmore Guide to Books) and I shared our 16 most-anticipated books that released mid-August – December 2022. In today’s episode, we’re going to circle back to update you on the books we’ve had a chance to read — or at least attempt.
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- We discuss how the types of books released in the fall seem to have changed.
- Sarah comes back with two 5-star books!
- Catherine and Sarah share their Fall 2022 reading stats and success rates.
- The reading experience was a roller coaster ride from stellar picks, to middling reads, and 3 DNFs between the two of us.
- The best and worst picks from the Fall 2022 Book Preview.
Books We Read Before the Preview [5:14]
- Carrie Soto Is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid (August 30) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [5:56]
- Now Is Not the Time to Panic by Kevin Wilson (November 8) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [7:14]
Fall 2022 Circle Back [9:43]
- American Fever by Dur e Aziz Amna (August 16) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [9:49]
- The House of Fortune by Jessie Burton (August 30) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [15:42]
- The Fortunes of Jaded Women by Carolyn Huynh (September 6) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [21:04]
- The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O’Farrell (September 6) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [27:06]
- How Not to Drown in a Glass of Water by Angie Cruz (September 13) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [34:24]
- Keep It in the Family by John Marrs (October 18) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [18:05]
- Anywhere You Run by Wanda M. Morris (October 25) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [24:47]
- Someday, Maybe by Onyi Nwabineli (November 1) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [30:04]
- Winterland by Rae Meadows (November 29) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [37:08]
Other Books Mentioned
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid [6:14]
- Signal Fires by Dani Shapiro [8:45]
- Saving Ruby King by Catherine Adel West [12:43]
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton [16:01]
- When the Stars Go Dark by Paula McLain [20:34]
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan [23:35]
- All Her Little Secrets by Wanda M. Morris [25:10]
- Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell [27:17]
- Unlikely Animals by Annie Hartnett [33:01]
- The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake [41:36]
- The Ballerinas by Rachel Kapelke-Dale [45:02]
- My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell [46:05]
- The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger [49:30]
- Social Creature by Tara Isabella Burton [49:52]
- Necessary People by Anna Pitoniak [49:55]
About Catherine Gilmore
Catherine started The Gilmore Guide to Books over 10 years ago after wrapping up a career as a corporate librarian. She loves books and reading (surprise!) and currently lives in Seattle, WA.
In two weeks on November 30, catch part 1 of 2 of my year-end, wrap-up specials: Ep. 128: Best Books of 2022 Superlatives with Susie.
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
- Follow / Subscribe
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
What fall books worked for you?
Pin this post…