Welcome to the Fall 2021 Book Preview with Catherine of Gilmore Guide to Books!
Catherine and I share our most anticipated books coming out August – December 2021.
Also, stay tuned for my Most Anticipated Books of Fall 2021 blog post, which is coming out soon. I’ll share some of the books I talked about in this podcast, but also some that I didn’t!
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- Join our Patreon Community ($5/mo) to get our bonus podcast episode series called Book Preview Extras! In these episodes, Catherine and I share at least 4 bonus books (we’re sharing 5 this month) that we’re excited about that we did not share in the regular Preview episode. Get more details about all the goodies available to our patrons and sign up here!
- Why Sarah isn’t currently excited about the types of books that traditionally comes out in the Fall.
- Why Sarah doesn’t mind dislikable characters in dysfunctional family stories.
- The new mystery / thriller sub genre Catherine is coining.
Fall 2021 Book Preview [5:49]
- Once There Were Wolvesby Charlotte McConaghy (August 3) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [8:59]
- The Women of Troy by Pat Barker Sweeney (August 24) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [18:00]
- The Guide by Peter Heller (August 24) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [22:43]
- Friends Like These by Kimberly McCreight (September 7) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [4:58]
- Beautiful World, Where Are You? by Sally Rooney (September 7) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [13:38]
- L.A. Weather by Maria Amparo Escandon (September 7) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [20:12]
- Beautiful Country by Qian Julie Wang (September 7) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [28:44]
- Unbound by Tarana Burke (September 14) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [33:42]
- Em by Kim Thuy (September 28) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [38:13]
- We Are Not Like Them by Jo Piazza and Christine Pride (October 5) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [25:24]
- My Monticello by Jocelyn Nicole Johnson (October 5) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [31:28]
- No One Will Miss Her by Kat Rosenfield (October 12) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [35:19]
- Oh William by Elizabeth Strout (October 19) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [40:25]
- Fight Night by Miriam Toews (October 5) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [42:56]
- The Book of Mother by Violane Huisman (October 19) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [48:13]
Other Books Mentioned
- Harlem Shuffle by Colson Whitehead [3:40]
- A Good Marriageby Kimberly McCreight [6:03]
- All Together Now by Matthew Norman [6:43]
- Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler [6:57]
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer[6:57]
- The Ensembleby Aja Gabel [7:05]
- Normal Peopleby Sally Rooney [13:59]
- Conversations With Friendsby Sally Rooney [13:59]
- The Silence of the Girlsby Pat Barker [18:36]
- The River by Peter Heller [22:43]
- Descent by Tim Johnston [24:18]
- When the Stars Go Darkby Paula McLain [24:31]
- Charlotte Walsh Likes to Win by Jo Piazza [26:11]
- The Knockoff by Jo Piazza and Lucy Sykes [26:15]
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones [27:06]
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult [27:15]
- Your House Will Pay by Steph Cha [27:52]
- Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok [30:11]
- Waiting for Eden by Eliot Ackerman [37:57]
- Ru by Kim Thuy [38:25]
- My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout [40:51]
- Anything is Possible by Elizabeth Strout [41:43]
- Women Talking by Miriam Toews [43:26]
- Shelter by Jung Yun [44:50]
- The Missing Place by Sophie Littlefield [47:29]
- Anywhere But Here by Mona Simpson [50:09]
About Catherine Gilmore
Catherine started The Gilmore Guide to Books over 6 years ago after wrapping up a career as a corporate librarian. She loves books and reading (surprise!) and currently lives in Ann Arbor, MI.
In 2 weeks, Kimberly McCreight (author of Friends Like These) will join me for a Mysteries / Thrillers 101 (airing September 15).
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
What Fall 2021 books are you most excited to read?
Pin this post…