This month was all about Nonfiction November. I absolutely loved this event and it gave my reading a much needed shake-up. Check out my Nonfiction November Summary and New Additions to my TBR List for a good overview of the month and also my All-Time Favorite Nonfiction Books List.
Coming up in December…
- Check out my Best Books for Holiday Gifts List for great gift ideas for your bookworm friends and family!
- I’ll be sharing all kinds of fun end of the year “Best of” type stuff during A Month of Favorites, hosted by Girlxoxo, Traveling with T, and Estella’s Revenge! Check out my introductory post.
- A blog makeover! I’m so excited to graduate from the default WordPress theme (aka the “I don’t know what I’m doing” theme) to something more exciting (I’m working with Stephanie at New Chapter Designs to make this happen).
On to the round-up…
Favorite Book of the Month
Other November Reviews
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War by Karen Abbott
Striking Gridiron by Greg Nichols
The First Family Detail by Ronald Kessler
The Martian by Andy Weir
Without You, There is No Us by Suki Kim
An Untamed State by Roxane Gay
Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
The Boston Girl by Anita Diamont (Mini Review)
The Missing Place by Sophie Littlefield
Top 5 Books on my “To Be Read” List
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Cry Father by Benjamin Winter
Mermaids in Paradise by Lydia Millet
The Distance by Helen Giltrow
The Means by Douglas Brunt
Books I Tried, But Put Down in November
Be Safe I Love You by Cara Hoffman
Spoiled Brats by Simon Rich
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
Us by David Nicholls
*Not to say I’ll never pick these books up again, but they just didn’t the first time around…
Upcoming Releases I’m Excited About
Kennedy Wives by Anita Hunt and David Batcher (December 12, 2014)
The Bishop’s Wife by Mette Ivie Harrison (December 30, 2014)
West of Sunset by Stewart O’Nan (January 13, 2015)
Favorite Posts from Fellow Book Bloggers
- I want to steal Cleo at Cleopatra Loves Books‘ Reading Bingo for 2014 post for my blog! What a cool way to sum up your year. I might give it a whirl in early 2015 🙂
- I loved Becca at I’m Lost in Books‘ honesty in her review of What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding.
- Charleen at Cheap Thrills‘ post on Book Math made me want to dork out with my spreadsheet next year to see if my pages read per day matches my books read per year! Sadly, it’s too much work to figure it out for this year.
- Shannon at River City Reading‘s Book Club Picks of 2014 is a great resource for your book clubs! I also keep a running list of great book club selections.
- The annual Best Books of 2014 Lists have started to come out…I can’t wait to see how the bloggers stack up to the traditional media! So far, I’ve seen Amazon (Best Book: Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng), Bookpage (Best Book: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel), Bookriot, Goodreads (Best Fiction: Landline by Rainbow Rowell), and Publisher’s Weekly.