This post contains affiliate links and I will make a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
March Reading / Life
- March was another stellar reading month with high quantity and quality. And, the tail end of March was especially fantastic!
- I was on a short books kick! The Roanoke Girls, The Woman Next Door, and The Rules Do Not Apply all made my Five New Books That You Can Read in a Weekend list.
- My March audiobooks were excellent: Books for Living was introspective and added some books to my TBR list, Settle for More (Megyn Kelly’s memoir) was a delightful surprise that was heavy on the girl power and light on the politics, The Stranger in the Woods was a captivating story that would be perfect for fans of Jon Krakauer, and I can’t believe I didn’t listen to What I Talk about When I Talk about Running (Haruki Murakami’s memoir) sooner!
- I read two hotly anticipated books from authors whose previous work I love…with mixed results. The Fall of Lisa Bellow by Susan Perabo didn’t quite live up to her short story collection (Why They Run the Way They Do), but I loved the writing and the story’s psychological lean. And, Nickolas Butler’s The Hearts of Men seemed like too many elements that didn’t quite gel and the writing didn’t sparkle like it did in Shotgun Lovesongs and Beneath the Bonfire.
- I thought The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley was fine, but I don’t really understand all the hype.
- And, The Wanderers is probably the most unique thing I’ve read all year. I’ll be reviewing it soon.
- Book of the Month Club selections are coming out on Saturday, so stay tuned for my commentary on the April picks!
Best Books of the Month
My Favorite Book(s) of the Month
Best Selling Book of the Month (via my affiliate links)
April Releases I’m Excited About
No One Is Coming to Save Us by Stephanie Powell Watts (April 4)
Somebody with a Little Hammer by Mary Gaitskill (April 4)
Marlena by Julie Buntin (April 4)
Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann (April 17)
Anything Is Possible by Elizabeth Strout (April 25)
Most Popular Posts
Posts Actually Published in March
My Most Anticipated Books of Spring 2017
Four Books I Just Added to My All-Time Favorites List
Five New Books You Can Read in a Weekend
Favorite Posts by Fellow Bloggers
- I was delighted with Tara at It’s Tara Leigh’s bookish play on The Bachelor/ette’s 2 on 1 date and thought her Best Books to Read on Spring Break was a solid recommendation list.
- I loved Jenny at Reading the End‘s idea of keeping a “to-lend” shelf.
- Gabby at 500 Books shared the times she wished she’d read many well known classic books.
- Literary Quicksand‘s discussion of whether book clubs are overrated touched on a bit of my personal ambivalence about book clubs.
- I found Molly’s Book Nook‘s tips that help her “bookworm” better incredibly helpful!
How was your reading month?