In the Winter 2022 Book Preview (Ep. 102), Catherine (Gilmore Guide to Books) and I shared our most anticipated books set to release January – March 2022 (with one early April release). Today, we’re giving an update on the books we shared in the Winter Preview — now that we’ve had the chance to read them.
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- Sarah’s and Catherine’s Winter 2022 reading stats and success rates.
- How their success rates compare to Fall 2021 and Winter 2021.
- Sarah talks about the key to her tremendous reading success lately.
- Their Best and Worst picks from the Winter 2022 Book Preview episode.
Winter 2022 Books Read Before the Preview [2:54]
- Beautiful Little Fools by Jillian Cantor (February 1) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [3:24]
- I Came All This Way to Meet You by Jami Attenberg (January 11) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [5:11]
- Honor by Thrity Umrigar (January 4) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [4:34]
- No Land to Light On by Yara Zgheib (January 4) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [7:01]
Winter 2022 Circle Back [8:08]
- To Paradise by Hanya Yanagihara (January 11) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [12:35]
- The Department of Rare Books and Special Collections by Eva Jurczyk (January 25) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [17:49]
- Notes on an Execution by Danya Kukafka (January 25) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [24:34]
- What the Fireflies Knew by Kai Harris (February 1) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [15:11]
- Our American Friend by Anna Pitoniak (February 15) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [20:03]
- Fake by Erica Katz (February 22) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [27:52]
- One Italian Summer by Rebecca Serle (March 1) | Amazon | Bookshop.org [39:13]
- Dilettante by Dana Brown (March 22) | Buy from Amazon | Bookshop.org [45:38]
Other Books Mentioned
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald [3:33]
- The Secrets We Kept by Lara Prescott [24:19]
- American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld [24:25]
- Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka [24:49]
- The Boys’ Club by Erica Katz [28:05]
- Friday Night Lights by H. G. Bissinger [37:32]
- The Bright Lands by John Fram [38:30]
- Never Simple by Liz Scheier [40:45]
About Catherine Gilmore
Catherine started The Gilmore Guide to Books over 6 years ago after wrapping up a career as a corporate librarian. She loves books and reading (surprise!) and currently lives in Ann Arbor, MI.
Next week, Catherine and I will be back to share our most anticipated upcoming releases in the Spring 2022 Book Preview episode (airing April 6).
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
What Winter 2022 books did you love?
Pin this post…