Welcome to the first Winter 2021 Circle Back Episode with Catherine of Gilmore Guide to Books!
In the Winter 2021 Book Preview (Ep. 73), Catherine and I shared our most anticipated books coming out January – March 2021. But, we often haven’t read the books we share in the Preview Episodes.
So, in this new series, we will “circle back” to update you on all the books we presented in the previous season’s Book Preview now that we’ve at least attempted to read them.
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- Catherine and my success rate for books we shared in our Winter 2021 Preview episode.
- Our Best and Worst picks from the Winter 2021 Preview episode.
- A book Catherine liked, but that I DNF’d.
Winter 2021 Books We Had Already Read When We Recorded the Preview [5:17]
- The Fortunate Ones by Ed Tarkington (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [5:23]
- The Push by Ashley Audrain (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [6:13]
- What Could Be Saved by Liese O’Halloran Schwarz (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [7:57]
Circling Back: Winter 2021 Books [10:25]
- Better Luck Next Time by Julia Claiborne Johnson | Buy from Amazon [10:34]
- A Thousand Ships by Natalie Haynes (Catherine’s Review) | Buy from Amazon [15:22]
- The Bad Muslim Discount by Syed Masood (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [12:35]
- All Girls by Emily Layden | Buy from Amazon [18:00]
- What’s Mine and Yours by Naima Coster | Buy from Amazon [25:31]
- The Babysitter by Liza Rodman and Jennifer Jordan | Buy from Amazon [31:00]
- Too Good to Be True by Carola Lovering | Buy from Amazon [40:04]
- Libertie by Kaitlyn Greenidge | Buy from Amazon [44:51]
- The Committed by Viet Thanh Nguyen | Buy from Amazon [29:13]
- How Beautiful We Were by Imbolo Mbue | Buy from Amazon [36:05]
- Sparks Like Stars by Nadia Hashimi (Catherine’s Review) | Buy from Amazon [42:39]
- The Arsonists’ City by Hala Alyan (Catherine’s Review) | Buy from Amazon [46:59]
Other Books Mentioned
- Only Love Can Break Your Heart by Ed Tarkington (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [5:28]
- The Most Fun We Ever Had by Claire Lombardo (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [8:11]
- The Last Romantics by Tara Conklin (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [8:11]
- Be Frank With Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson | Buy from Amazon [10:43]
- The Divines by Ellie Eaton | Buy from Amazon [18:45]
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [28:26]
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [28:26]
- Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [28:39]
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [33:16]
- Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [38:12]
- Tell Me Lies by Carola Lovering | Buy from Amazon [40:19]
- We Love You, Charlie Freeman by Kaitlyn Greenidge | Buy from Amazon [45:20]
About Catherine Gilmore
Catherine started The Gilmore Guide to Books over 6 years ago after wrapping up a career as a corporate librarian. She loves books and reading (surprise!) and currently lives in Ann Arbor, MI.
Spring 2021 Book Preview featuring Catherine Gilmore (@gilmoreguide)…airing March 31.
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
What were your favorite Winter 2021 books?
Pin this post…