In Episode 16, Meredith Monday Schwartz and Kaytee Cobb join me to go behind-the-scenes of the Currently Reading Podcast.
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- The segment Currently Reading guests are always the most nervous about.
- How (and how fast) Currently Reading came together.
- What Meredith and Kaytee did not want Currently Reading to be.
- How Meredith and Kaytee’s relationship has changed since starting Currently Reading.
- The biggest challenges of running Currently Reading (PS – Kaytee’s and Meredith’s are different).
- Meredith and Kaytee’s dream guests for Currently Reading…and Sarah’s for Sarah’s Book Shelves Live.
- Meredith and Kaytee share the biggest similarities and biggest differences in their reading tastes.
- The book all three of us loved despite thinking the premise was completely preposterous.
- A bonus book recommendation from Meredith.
- A tangent about Goodreads‘ skewed ratings because of people not rating books they don’t like and/or finish.
- What Meredith and Kaytee would do if they hated a book a guest wanted to press into everyone’s hands.
Meredith’s and Kaytee’s Book Recommendations
Two OLD Books They Love
- Kaytee: 11/22/63 by Stephen King | Buy from Amazon [20:17]
- Meredith: All Things Cease to Appear by Elizabeth Brundage | Buy from Amazon [22:16]
Two NEW Books They Love
- Kaytee: The Editorby Steven Rowley (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [24:40]
- Meredith: The Current by Tim Johnston | Buy from Amazon [26:55]
Two Books They Didn’t Love
- Kaytee: Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [31:26]
- Meredith: My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [34:49]
Two New Releases They’re Excited About
- Kaytee: Waiting for Tom Hanks by Kerry Winfrey (Release Date: June 11, 2019) | Buy from Amazon [37:34]
- Meredith: A Better Man by Louise Penny (Release Date: August 27, 2019) | Buy from Amazon [40:32]
Other Books Mentioned
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [18:56]
- We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [19:37]
- Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley | Buy from Amazon [24:45]
- Descent by Tim Johnston | Buy from Amazon [24:45]
- The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand | Buy from Amazon [24:45]
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [32:28]
- Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center | Buy from Amazon [38:15]
- Still Life by Louise Penny | Buy from Amazon [41:32]
- April 2019 Books to Read (and Skip) (my blog post)
- Ep. 31 of the Currently Reading Podcast with Laura Tremaine
- Jamie Golden, co-host of The Popcast (Currently Reading dream guest)
- Author Gretchen Rubin (Currently Reading dream guest)
- Anne Bogel from What Should I Read Next? Podcast (Currently Reading dream guest)
- Meredith on What Should I Read Next? Podcast (Episode 11)
- Sarah’s Book Shelves Live Ep 2: Winter 2019 Book Preview
- Currently Reading’s Books We’ve Pressed Into Your Hands list
The Currently Reading Podcast
Podcast Website | Instagram | Facebook
Meredith Monday Schwartz is a married mom of 4 and full-time CEO of a large wedding website. She lives in the SF Bay Area and loves the cool temperatures and high number of bookstores that make up the gorgeous place she calls home. She’s been an avid reader since she was 4. She’s a very introverted INFJ, so she reads to re-charge. Her very favorite thing to do if she’s not reading is… wait for it… to talk about books! She’s so grateful that, in Kaytee, she’s found the perfect partner.
Instagram | Blog | Twitter| Goodreads
Kaytee is married to her best friend, a mama of 4 littles, a big fan of Jesus, and a homeschool mom and director (kind of like the principal of our homeschool co-op). She tries not to lose her mind while juggling all these roles by reading books. She’s attempting to reach “professional” reading level by regularly devouring 200 or more books in a calendar year! She’s an ESFJ, Type A, Enneagram 2w1, Obliger who obviously loves personality tests. She enjoys being around people, but her favorite thing to talk to those people about is…books!!!
Next Week’s Episode
Jaclyn and Racheal aka The Pingel Sisters (airing May 1)
Support the Podcast
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Book Shelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
I want this podcast to fit what you’re looking for, so I truly do want your feedback! Please tell me (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on social media) what you like, don’t like, want more of, want less of, etc. I’d also love to hear topics you’d like me to cover and guests you’d like to hear from.
Do you listen to the Currently Reading Podcast?
Pin this post…