In Episode 51, Steph Hockersmith (@pieladybooks), fresh off her appearance on Good Morning America, shares all the behind-the-scenes details of her book-themed pies, including her favorite dessert (it’s not pie!) and her goals for expanding Pie Lady Books.
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
This episode is sponsored by Book of the Month. Use the code SARAHSBOOKSHELVES at checkout to get your first book for just $9.99!
- The answer to the most asked listener question.
- Why Steph chose to feature pies on her Instagram (vs. cookies or cakes).
- Answers to all your logistical questions about how she creates those beautiful pies!
- Pie failures that she wasn’t able to post on Instagram.
- The types of book covers she struggles to make pies for.
- What will likely make both of us want to throw a thriller across the room.
- Steph’s future goals / ideas for expanding Pie Lady Books.
- If GMA paid Steph to feature her In Five Years pie on air (it aired on March 10).
- The blog Steph will be starting soon.
Steph’s Book Recommendations [24:42]
Two OLD Books She Loves
- From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon | Buy from Amazon [24:54]
- The Book of Ivy and The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel | Buy from Amazon [28:59]
Two NEW Books She Loves
- The Giver of Stars by JoJo Moyes | Buy from Amazon [32:32]
- The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Dare | Buy from Amazon [36:33]
One Book She DIDN’T Love
One NEW RELEASE She’s Excited About
Rate It Game [43:58]
Other Books Mentioned
- Anna K by Jenny Lee (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [10:28]
- Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [12:38]
- You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [23:40]
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas | Buy from Amazon [25:03]
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte | Buy from Amazon [25:03]
- The Familiar Dark by Amy Engel | Buy from Amazon [29:10]
- The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [30:56]
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson | Buy from Amazon [33:41]
- Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough (Spoiler Discussion) | Buy from Amazon [40:44]
- The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager | Buy from Amazon [41:15]
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides | Buy from Amazon [41:15]
- Long Bright River by Liz Moore (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [41:58]
- Final Girls by Riley Sager | Buy from Amazon [42:37]
- Lock Every Door by Riley Sager | Buy from Amazon [42:37]
- Fair Play by Eve Rodsky | Buy from Amazon [46:26]
- The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan | Buy from Amazon [47:35]
- Steph’s Book of the Month pie
- A Carried Affair Designs (@acarriedaffairdesigns)
- Steph’s Anna K pie
- Steph’s Such a Fun Age pie
- Steph’s Dear Edward pie
- The Pieous (@thepieous)
- Liz Moore episode
- Siobhan Jones episode
Steph lives is a stay-at-home Mom of two boys (ages 5 & 3) in Colorado Spring, CO. She has been gluten free for about 13 years and has been baking gluten free pies for about 12 years. She is a voracious reader and loves creating pie designs to go with the books she’s reading. And, she and her pies recently appeared on Good Morning America!
Mini Episode featuring Sarah Verity Collica (@seize_the_page)…airing March 25.
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon – When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
Pin this post…