In the Spring 2021 Book Preview (Ep. 80), Catherine and I shared our most anticipated books coming out April – May 2021. But, we often haven’t read the books we share in the Preview Episodes.
So, in this new series, we will “circle back” to update you on all the books we presented in the previous season’s Book Preview now that we’ve at least attempted to read them.
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- Join our Patreon Community ($5/mo) to get our new bonus podcast episode series called Book Preview Extras! In these episodes, Catherine and I share at least 4 bonus books (we’re sharing 5 this month) that we’re excited about that we did not share in the regular Preview episode. Get more details about all the goodies available to our patrons and sign up here!
- Sarah’s and Catherine’s success rates from the Spring Preview.
- Our Best and Worst picks from the Spring 2021 Preview episode.
- Which mythological character the characters in Olympus, Texas correlated to.
Spring 2021 Books We Had Already Read When We Recorded the Preview [5:42]
- What Comes After by JoAnne Tompkins | Buy from Amazon [5:42]
- When the Stars Go Darkby Paula McLain | Buy from Amazon [5:57]
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid | Buy from Amazon [6:05]
Circling Back: Spring 2021 Books [5:42]
- The Bohemiansby Jasmin Darznik | Buy from Amazon [7:25]
- Good Company by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney | Buy from Amazon [16:07]
- Early Morning Riser by Katherine Heiny | Buy from Amazon [20:33]
- Ariadne by Jennifer Saint | Buy from Amazon [25:49]
- The First Day of Spring by Nancy Tucker | Buy from Amazon [35:32]
- Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty by Lauren Weisberger | Buy from Amazon [44:49]
Other Books Mentioned
- Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Manby Emmanuel Acho | Buy from Amazon [14:57]
- Standard Deviation by Katherine Heiny (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [22:33]
- Anxious People by Fredrick Backman | Buy from Amazon [22:58]
- The Pushby Ashley Audrain (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [39:39]
- One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [42:33]
- Guest appearance on 10 Things to Tell You
About Catherine Gilmore
Catherine started The Gilmore Guide to Books over 6 years ago after wrapping up a career as a corporate librarian. She loves books and reading (surprise!) and currently lives in Ann Arbor, MI.
Summer 2021 Book Preview featuring Catherine Gilmore (@gilmoreguide)…airing June 9.
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
What Spring 2021 books did you love?
Pin this post…