In Mini Episode 50, Julia Spence (@gameofreading) talks about her love for dual timelines in her books and reading an author’s backlist.
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- Julia talks about how, when she reads a book she loves by a new-to-her author, she loves to read all of that author’s backlist.
- Julia shares her recent love of books with dual timelines.
Julia’s Book Recommendations
Two OLD Books She Loves
- Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren | Buy from Amazon [5:45]
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult | Buy from Amazon [8:09]
Two NEW Books She Loves
- Big Lies in a Small Town by Diane Chamberlain | Buy from Amazon [11:40]
- Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobel | Buy from Amazon [15:11]
One Book She DIDN’T Love
One NEW RELEASE She’s Excited About
Other Books Mentioned
- Conversations With Friends by Sally Rooney | Buy from Amazon [3:24]
- Normal People by Sally Rooney (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [3:24]
- You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen | Buy from Amazon [6:34]
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult | Buy from Amazon [10:30]
- The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain | Buy from Amazon [14:43]
- Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill | Buy from Amazon [19:01]
- Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center | Buy from Amazon [20:41]
- How to Walk Away by Katherine Center (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [20:41]
- Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson | Buy from Amazon [23:38]
- Ep. 30: Southern Books with the Bless Your Heart Book Club
- Currently Reading Podcast
- Winter 2020 Book Preview
- Pie Lady Books’ What You Wish For pie
Julia is an actuary at an insurance company in Boston, MA. During her 9-5 job, she deals with numbers, but after work she unwinds with a book. She’s been an avid reader since grade school and reads more than 200 books a year. When she’s not reading, you can find her obsessively stalking Taylor Swift online or passionately cheering on Boston sports teams.
Full length episode featuring Steph Hockersmith of Pie Lady Books (airing Wednesday, March 18).
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
Pin this post…