Welcome to the Winter 2021 Book Preview with Catherine of Gilmore Guide to Books!
Catherine and I share our most anticipated books coming out January – March 2021.
Also, stay tuned for my Most Anticipated Books of Winter 2021 blog post, which is coming out soon. I’ll share some of the books I talked about in this podcast, but also some that I didn’t!
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- How we feel our 2021 reading taste (compared to the weirdness of 2020) might pan out based on the first couple releases we’ve read.
- Catherine and my success rate for books we shared in our Fall 2020 Preview episode.
- Our Best and Worst picks from the Fall 2020 Preview episode.
- Sarah’s and Catherine’s #1 Winter book picks.
Winter 2021 Book Preview [6:43]
- The Fortunate Ones by Ed Tarkington (January 5) | Buy from Amazon [7:13]
- The Push by Ashley Audrain (January 5) | Buy from Amazon [13:40]
- What Could Be Saved by Liese O’Halloran Schwarz (January 12) | Buy from Amazon [20:15]
- Better Luck Next Time by Julia Claiborne Johnson (January 5) | Buy from Amazon [11:39]
- A Thousand Ships by Natalie Haynes (January 26) | Buy from Amazon [18:25]
- The Bad Muslim Discount by Syed Masood (February 2) | Buy from Amazon [26:48]
- All Girls by Emily Layden (February 16) | Buy from Amazon [31:41]
- Zorrie by Laird Hunt (February 9) | Buy from Amazon [23:58]
- Dark Horses by Susan Mihalic (February 16) | Buy from Amazon [29:20]
- What’s Mine and Yours by Naima Coster (March 2) | Buy from Amazon [37:31]
- The Babysitter by Liza Rodman and Jennifer Jordan (March 2) | Buy from Amazon [41:18]
- Too Good to Be True by Carola Lovering (March 2) | Buy from Amazon [44:51]
- Libertie by Kaitlyn Greenidge (March 30) | Buy from Amazon [48:28]
- The Committed by Viet Thanh Nguyen (March 2) | Buy from Amazon [34:05]
- Sparks Like Stars by Nadia Hashimi (March 2) | Buy from Amazon [39:37]
- How Beautiful We Were by Imbolo Mbue (March 9) | Buy from Amazon [43:21]
- The Arsonists’ City by Hala Alyan (March 9) | Buy from Amazon [46:31]
Other Books Mentioned
- A Traveler at the Gates of Wisdom by John Boyne | Buy from Amazon [4:19]
- Good Morning, Monster by Catherine Gildiner (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [4:53]
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [5:10]
- A Knock at Midnight by Brittany Barnett | Buy from Amazon [5:17]
- The Searcher by Tana French | Buy from Amazon [5:45]
- Earthlings by Sayaka Murata | Buy from Amazon [6:13]
- Only Love Can Break Your Heart by Ed Tarkington (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [7:59]
- Be Frank With Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson | Buy from Amazon [11:55]
- We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver | Buy from Amazon [15:53]
- Circe by Madeline Miller (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [18:53]
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller | Buy from Amazon [18:53]
- The Most Fun We Ever Had by Claire Lombardo (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [22:33]
- The Last Romantics by Tara Conklin (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [22:33]
- Concussion by Jeanne Marie Laskas (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [28:16]
- More Than Just a Pretty Face by Syed Masood | Buy from Amazon [28:52]
- We Wish You Luck by Caroline Zancan (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [33:48]
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen | Buy from Amazon [34:59]
- Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [38:12]
- Halsey Street by Naima Coster | Buy from Amazon [38:31]
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [38:37]
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [38:37]
- We Keep the Dead Close by Becky Cooper (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [42:25]
- The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule | Buy from Amazon [42:25]
- Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [44:20]
- Tell Me Lies by Carola Lovering | Buy from Amazon [45:37]
- Salt Houses by Hala Alyan | Buy from Amazon [47:47]
- We Love You, Charlie Freeman by Kaitlyn Greenidge | Buy from Amazon [49:11]
About Catherine Gilmore
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Catherine started The Gilmore Guide to Books over 6 years ago after wrapping up a career as a corporate librarian. She loves books and reading (surprise!) and currently lives in Ann Arbor, MI.
There will not be a new episode next week since the podcast is on a bi-weekly schedule.
The following week’s episode will feature Sara Hildreth of @fictionmatters and the Novel Pairings Podcast going behind-the-scenes of judging a literary prize (airing January 20).
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
What Summer 2020 books are you most excited to read?
Pin this post…