In Mini Episode 46, Aubree Cheadle (@mnreadingmama) shares her love for heart-breaking, but hopeful books and we talk about overdone literary comparisons.
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
This episode is sponsored by Book of the Month. Use the code SARAHSBOOKSHELVES at checkout to get your first book for just $9.99!
- Why Aubree loves books that make her cry.
- The Glass Castle being the Gone Girl / Girl on the Train comparison book for memoirs…and many readers’ gateway to memoir.
- And, deep into the accuracy of marketing book comparisons in general.
Aubree’s Book Recommendations
Two OLD Books She Loves
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls | Buy from Amazon [6:27]
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [13:56]
Two NEW Books She Loves
- Pretty Guilty Women by Gina LaManna | Buy from Amazon [18:36]
- This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger | Buy from Amazon [21:47]
One Book She DIDN’T Love
One NEW RELEASE She’s Excited About
Other Books Mentioned
- You Are Not Aloneby Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen (Out March 3) | Buy from Amazon [1:18]
- The Holdoutby Graham Greene | Buy from Amazon [1:24]
- Anna Kby Jenny Lee | Buy from Amazon [1:24]
- A Little Lifeby Hanya Yanagihara (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [4:43]
- Educatedby Tara Westover (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [12:09]
- Wild Gameby Adrienne Brodeur (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [12:43]
- The Sound of Gravelby Ruth Wariner | Buy from Amazon [12:57]
- Where the Crawdads Singby Delia Owens (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [16:57]
- And the Mountains Echoedby Khaled Hosseini (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [17:34]
- A Thousand Splendid Sunsby Khaled Hosseini | Buy from Amazon [17:37]
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (My Review) | Buy from Amazon[19:02]
- The Mother-in-Law by Sally Hepworth | Buy from Amazon [20:44]
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover | Buy from Amazon [28:10]
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover | Buy from Amazon [28:17]
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris | Buy from Amazon [30:10]
- The Breakdown by B.A. Paris | Buy from Amazon [30:10]
- We Wish You Luck by Caroline Zancan (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [31:19]
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
Pin this post…