In Episode 20, Susie from the blog Novel Visits joins me to countdown our all-time favorite summer reads!
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- Overview of Sarah’s 2019 Summer Reading Guide.
- What summer reading means to us.
- What we want to avoid in our summer reading.
- The one book you think would be on our lists, but isn’t.
- Sarah guesses the thinly veiled Hollywood celebrities from one of Susie’s picks.
- Our running theme of picking the one awesome book from authors whose other work we haven’t loved.
Our Top 10 All-Time Favorite Summer Reads
- A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [10:16]
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [18:53]
- Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [24:44]
- The Swans of Fifth Avenue by Melanie Benjamin (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [31:06]
- This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [39:06]
- According to a Source by Abby Stern | Buy from Amazon [14:49]
- The Good Girl by Mary Kubica | Buy from Amazon [22:06]
- The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker | Buy from Amazon [27:38]
- In the Kingdom of Men by Kim Barnes | Buy from Amazon [34:55]
- City of Thieves by David Benioff | Buy from Amazon [42:04]
Other Books Mentioned
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [7:03]
- The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager | Buy from Amazon [8:38]
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn | Buy from Amazon [9:03]
- The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [13:09]
- Tiny Little Thing by Beatriz Williams (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [13:09]
- Along the Infinite Sea by Beatriz Williams (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [13:09]
- The Summer Wives by Beatriz Williams | Buy from Amazon [14:32]
- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid | Buy from Amazon [21:16]
- The Night Before by Wendy Walker | Buy from Amazon [26:19]
- All Is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [26:58]
- The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [27:41]
- My 2019 Summer Reading Guide
- Catherine from Gilmore Guide to Books
- “La Cote Basque 1965” (Truman Capote’s short story)
- Dominick Dunne
I’ve loved reading for as long as I can remember. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve long afternoons at the library and then reading late into the night. More than ten years ago, I began journaling about the books I read and turned that passion into writing about books. My first forays were as a guest reviewer on a friend’s blog, but I soon realized I wanted to be reviewing and talking about books on a blog of my own. From there, Novel Visits was born. That was in 2016 and, though the learning curve was steep, I love being a part of the book community. Novel Visits focuses on new novel reviews (print and audio), previews of upcoming releases, and musings on all things bookish.
Next Week’s Episode
Support the Podcast
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Book Shelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
I want this podcast to fit what you’re looking for, so I truly do want your feedback! Please tell me (email me at email@example.com or DM me on social media) what you like, don’t like, want more of, want less of, etc. I’d also love to hear topics you’d like me to cover and guests you’d like to hear from.
What are your all-time favorite summer reads?
Pin this post…