This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link).
October Reading / Life
- October was a MUCH better reading month than September! And, thank God, because September was dismal. I read seven books this month and almost all were above September’s high rating of 3.5 stars!
- I found a book that will definitely make my Best Books of 2017 list, if not top it: The Heart’s Invisible Furies
- The perfect book to recover from The Heart’s Invisible Furies: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- Two solid 4 star reads: Fear (my review) and Ranger Games
- Two great audiobooks: Daring to Drive and Reading People
- A critical darling that didn’t land for me: Sing, Unburied, Sing (my review)
- DNF’s: My Life with Bob, Artemis, Seven Days of Us, Manhattan Beach, Lie to Me
- Finally, Nonfiction November started on Monday, but it’s not too late to join in this week’s theme! We also have an Instagram Challenge going on all month. Get the details for the weekly themes here and for the Instagram Challenge here! And, follow me on Instagram @sarahsbookshelves to see lots of my nonfiction favorites.
- Monday is the deadline to get your November Book of the Month Club selections in! Check out my commentary on the November selections AND my new tool to help you find the Book of the Month Club judge that best matches your reading taste (includes a free template)! And, I’ve updated the template to make it even better since last month!
Choose the best Book of the Month Club selection for you every time!
…by using this easy template to find your personal, go-to Book of the Month Club judge!
My Favorite Book(s) of the Month
Best Book of the Month
Best Selling Book(s) of the Month (via my affiliate links)
November Release I’m Excited About
The Senator’s Children by Nickolas Montemarano (November 7)
Most Popular Posts
Posts Actually Published in October
Book of the Month Club October 2017 Selections: What Book Should You Choose?
6 Book Titles I Love…and 5 I Hate
Backlist Beauties: The Best Backlist Books I’ve Read in 2017 So Far
October Instagram Post (follow me @sarahsbookshelves)
Introducing the black/gray, red/orange, and yellow shelves! My new bookshelves are getting fuller by the minute. Might need to pump the breaks a bit before they venture into cluttered. Nah…what was I thinking?! Can you spot any of your favorites? _ The #buildsarahsbookshelves project (where I’m accumulating a very selective collection of beloved books to live on my first set of built-in bookshelves) is starting to really take shape! @georgiahunter
Favorite Posts by Fellow Bloggers
- Rikki and Michaela at The Ardent Biblio put together two super helpful posts for book bloggers trying to figure out Instagram (me!) this month: Taking Pictures of Books and Welcome to #Bookstagram / Decoding the Community. I’ll tell you that I already feel more confident with my book photography (although I have a long way to go), which you’ll see more of this month.
- I added a bunch of books from Anne at Modern Mrs. Darcy‘s list of Fall Nonfiction to my TBR (The Power of Moments, How to Think, The Last Castle, and Dear Fahrenheit 451).
- Susie at Novel Visits perfectly summed up my Fall reading with her post called The Booklover’s Curse.
- In non-bookish news, I loved Carrie Gillespie‘s post about skipping wedding traditions. My husband and I skipped a number of them (most of the ones in Carrie’s post) and I wish I’d skipped even more (cutting the cake…awkward)!
- Well, it wasn’t even Halloween before I saw my first Best Books of 2017 List. Thanks for jumping the gun, Publisher’s Weekly! Also, can’t say I loved this list.
How was your reading month?