Welcome to the Summer 2020 Book Preview with Catherine of Gilmore Guide to Books!
Catherine and I share our most anticipated books coming out in June and July 2020.
Also, stay tuned for my Most Anticipated Books of Summer 2020 blog post, which is coming out tomorrow. I’ll share some of the books I talked about in this podcast, but also some that I didn’t!
This post contains affiliate links (plus: here’s your Amazon Smile-specific affiliate link), through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- Catherine and my success rate for books we shared in our Spring 2020 Preview episode.
- Our Best and Worst picks from the Spring 2020 Preview episode.
- Sarah’s and Catherine’s #1 Summer book picks.
Summer 2020 Book Preview [9:02]
- Parakeet by Marie-Helene Bertino (June 2) | Buy from Amazon [14:32]
- What’s Left of Me is Yours by Stephanie Scott (June 23) | Buy from Amazon [22:17]
- Destination Wedding by Diksha Basu (June 30) | Buy from Amazon [29:40]
- Craigslist Confessional by Helena Dea Bala (July 7) | Buy from Amazon [16:51]
- The Golden Cage by Camilla Lackberg (July 7) | Buy from Amazon [25:51]
- Fast Girls by Elise Hooper (July 7) | Buy from Amazon [32:41]
- The Bright Lands by John Fram (July 7) | Buy from Amazon [38:46]
- The Loyalties by Delphine de Vigan (July 21) | Buy from Amazon [48:35]
- Sex and Vanity by Kevin Kwan (July 14) | Buy from Amazon [36:05]
- Utopia Avenue by David Mitchell (July 14) | Buy from Amazon [45:21]
- The Butterfly Lampshade by Aimee Bender (July 28) | Buy from Amazon [52:26]
Other Books Mentioned
- The Knockout Queen by Rufi Thorpe (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [4:53]
- If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha (April 21) | Buy from Amazon [5:21]
- All Adults Here by Emma Straub (May 4) | Buy from Amazon [6:19]
- Commonwealthby Ann Patchett (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [7:12]
- Godshot by Chelsea Bieker | Buy from Amazon [8:04]
- The Mothers by Brit Bennett (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [10:16]
- The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls by Anissa Gray (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [12:35]
- 2 A.M. at the Cat’s Pajamas by Marie-Helene Bertino| Buy from Amazon [15:44]
- Nothing to See Hereby Kevin Wilson (My Review)| Buy from Amazon [16:12]
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed | Buy from Amazon [19:37]
- A Nearly Normal Family by M.T. Edvardsson (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [27:38]
- Quicksand by Malin Persson Giolito | Buy from Amazon [27:38]
- You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [28:17]
- The Windfall by Diksha Basu | Buy from Amazon [30:09]
- Seating Arrangementsby Maggie Shipstead (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [31:22]
- The Hours Count by Jillian Cantor | Buy from Amazon [32:57]
- The Other Alcott by Elise Hooper | Buy from Amazon [33:05]
- The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [33:23]
- A Room With a View by E.M. Forster | Buy from Amazon [36:36]
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [38:30]
- Out East by John Glenn (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [39:38]
- Beartown by Fredrick Backman (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [41:25]
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell | Buy from Amazon [45:48]
- The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell | Buy from Amazon [45:48]
- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [46:05]
- Based on a True Story by Delphine de Vigan (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [49:24]
- The Dinner by Herman Koch (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [51:26]
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender | Buy from Amazon [52:42]
- The Deeper the Water the Water the Uglier the Fish by Katya Apekina | Buy from Amazon [54:01]
- Goodbye, Vitamin by Rachel Khong (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [54:15]
About Catherine Gilmore
Catherine started The Gilmore Guide to Books over 6 years ago after wrapping up a career as a corporate librarian. She loves books and reading (surprise!) and currently lives in Ann Arbor, MI.
There will not be a new episode next week since the podcast is on its bi-weekly summer schedule.
The following week, there will be a full length episode featuring Kimberly McCreight, author of A Good Marriage (airing June 10).
Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon
When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review
Search for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
What Summer 2020 books are you most excited to read?
Pin this post…